Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Plugging along

Today I realized that I passed the 3 month mark since leaving the States.

Many of you will probably scoff when you read this, but it seems like life here has gotten a bit boring.  The newness of everything has worn off, and I am settled into my routines.  I didn't get to get away from Santiago this weekend after all, so that added to the blahness.  I think I need to do a better job of making plans with people, as I've been pretty bad about it in the past few weeks save a few get togethers.

My weekend involved Magic, going out with some Chilean friends, and getting Mexican food (from the same place that did the TeachingChile party) with David and Margaret.  I also signed the contract and got some of my things moved for my new place.  On Saturday I'll buy a bed and get all of my furniture moved, and then on Sunday I am supposed to meet with the landlord to turn over the keys and hear about getting back my security deposit.

I am feeling a bit homesick now too.  I know it will get better with time, but here are some things that I am missing right now in no particular order:

Family (especially my niece Cassie), pork chop dinners with my dad, Dance Dance Revolution, spending time with friends, Texas Roadhouse with the family, Kit Kats, Magic marathons with friends, and heating inside buildings, and Phildelphia pretzels.

1 comment:

  1. Give me your new address, and a care package can be sent!! :D

    ReplyDelete