Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No more pictures for a while.....

So my camera was stolen.

I was at a work party on Thursday afternoon and used it to record some teachers dancing.  Then I went out with Dana, and we explored a good amount of Santiago together.  When I got home around 7:00 that night I realized my camera wasn't in my messenger bag I was carrying it around in.

I sent an email into work, and they said they didn't know anything about it.  When I came in this morning no one knew anything about it.

So what I feared happened actually did: I got pickpocketed by someone when I was out during the day.  I usually have my hand over my messenger bag and it has zippers, but now that I think about it the metro was very full and people were pushing and up against each other the entire time.

It wouldn't bother me that much, but this was already my second camera here.  I also love taking pictures of my travels and everyday life here, and so now I am trying to decide if I want to shell out more money for another camera again or if I will wait until I am back home in the States for the holidays to buy one.

I'm really hoping that somoene at work decided to take it home with them for the long weekend so it wouldn't be in the office over the long weekend, but it looks like that is not very likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment