Thursday, October 14, 2010

A One Way Ticket Back!!!!!!!!!

So 20 minutes ago I purchased my one way ticket back to Santiago.

I had been talking with my dad about him visiting and trying to get a decent one way airfare for me and round trip airfare for him to fly together, but it wasn't working out easy to match up our flights to travel together.

I had been checking cheaptickets.com, as a fellow teacher advised me that she got her one way ticket for $450 from there.  Most of the flights I found were for $670 and up, and that was flying out of New York. 

I heard that searching for flights around midnight on Wednesday and Thursday nights are the cheapest time to get tickets, so that's exactly what I did.  I got a one way flight out of Philadelphia for $535 on February 3rd, the day after my birthday.  I'll have a layover in Fort Lauderdale and then in Bogota, but they are both reasonable times and it's worth the price I got.

It's such a relief to have this next step of my life planned.  I really feel that I've started to make a life for myself down here, and I feel excited that my dad will be coming down to see what things are like here.  The next step now is finding his flight and planning to travel to Buenos Aires for a bit, but that will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment