Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Already

I have been meaning to update for the past week or so, but I have admittedly started to become lazy with doing so. 

April feels like it was a rather uneventful month.  With the exception of running workshops for new teachers at work, there is nothing much new with my job.  As for my apartment, I got a coffee table that matches the sofa and also has a mirror surface.

When I was at the food store last week, I found a pleasant surprise:



Yes, those are Sunchips!  They now carry all 3 varieties ath the local food store.  They are a bit expensive (1790 pesos, or about $3.50) but definitely worth it from time to time.

And now that I think about it, April did actually have a few cool events.  Easter was not conventional by any stretch of the imagination.  There was no Easter eggs, or chocolate bunnies.  Instead there was a visit to Fantisilandia.







I thought that there was going to be a lot of people since it was a holiday, but a lot of Santiguinos actually left Santiago for the weekend.  The longest we waited in a line was 10 minutes, and we got on every single ride we wanted to.  There was a train ride which had scenes from Little Red Riding Hood and other random things that was pretty cool that I hadn't seen before.  We got some ice cream and went on the Crazy Dance right after it, and with all of the spinning I was afraid I was going to lose the ice cream.  Luckily I sat down and let my stomach rest for a while and then I was fine.  I hope that wasn't a sign that I'm getting too old for amusement parks.

The other thing was the TeachingChile reunion.  It was really great seeing old friends as well as getting to know some of the new people in the group.  They had the signature Mexican food from Mi Jugo as well as snacks and refreshments.  It was warm and sunny during the afternoon and it turned into a cool autumn night.

My projects for the month of May are as follows:

1. Clean the apartment so it's decent enough to take pictures and post here.
2. Have coworkers over for a party so they see the new place.
3. Have friends (Chilean and non-Chilean) over for a separate occasion to see the new place.
4. Do some type of day trip to get out of Santiago for the day.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment