Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Permanent Residency Visa Approved and Pictures

My visa has been approved!!!!!

I got home from class around 9:30, and as I chatted with the doorman I noticed the notorious brown envelope sitting in my box.  I eyed it as he asked me about my New Year, and after a few minutes I got to ask him for it.

I ripped it open to find out that my visa has been approved and is being processed.  It's such a relief, as last year I got a phone call when I was at the airport on my way home that my visa last year was missing documents and I'd have to resubmit it once I was back.

So what does having a permanent residency visa do for me?  I'm not 100% sure about all of these, but here goes:

1. I don't have to renew my visa for 5 years.
2. I can vote in Chilean elections.
3. I can probably get a credit card here.  (I already have a bank account)

A friend came over, and we celebrated with some drinks, chips, and by playing Wii.

So after my text-heavy last some I wanted to put up some pictures.  So here they are:

Meeting up with Stefanie after our Pichilemu adventures

Some late arriving Christmas gifts

On the bus to Viña del Mar for New Years

Viña del Mar





This looks like a normal meal, but what´s missing?
The mayonaise of course!  They love their mayonaise here!

At the beach on New Years Eve



dinner cooking

preparing dinner

Aren´t you getting hungry?






Yes, that´s corn with mayonaise.

On the rooftop awaiting the fireworks


Some champagne to celebrate

shortly before the fireworks


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment